A system state backup generally makes a copy of all related information of your operating system and configurations. From a system state backup you can restore your Windows system settings in the event of a system failure or corruption. A system state backup is therefore particularly important for disaster recovery purpose as it eliminates you having to reconfigure Windows back to its original state before the system failure occurred.
Note: "System Backup" in EaseUS Todo Backup means to backup the entire system partition, usually it is C:/ drive. If the OS is Windows 7, it will automatically back up both system and boot drive.
One-click system backup, you just need to:
Select System backup and then click Proceed, system backup will be done in a few minutes.
However, if you want to personalize your system backup, please follow the tutorial below.
1. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup, click Backup -> System backup.
2. Enter Plan name and Description for your system backup. By default, the name and description are given based on the backup time and backup type.
Our software will choose the most suitable hard drive as the destination for system backup by default. You can change it if you want to.
3. For system schedule backup, click Turn on and pop up the Schedule window. Set schedule to backup files later, daily, weekly, monthly or upon event. Click OK to apply the schedule, click Do not schedule to cancel plans.
4. Click Backup options and pop up the following window, set backup compression, password, splitting etc. Click OK to apply the settings, click Reset to initial settings to disable the settings.
5. Click Proceed to perform file backup.
Note: You can also backup system through Disk and partition backup.
Put the bootable CD into the CD-ROM and change your BIOS settings: set CD-ROM as first boot device. Press "Del" when you are restarting the computer. Move CD-ROM Drive beyond Hard Drive. Press "F10" to save and exit.
Solution: Restore system partition from EaseUS Todo Backup WinPE based bootable disk
Note: EaseUS Todo Backup Free doesn't support WinPE bootable disk. Please choose the right Edition for you.
1. Boot from WinPE based bootable CD/DVD.
2. Click Disk/Partition recovery or System recovery. Here we take Disk/Partition recovery as an example.
3. Select the image file you want to recover
4. Select the destination location where you want to recover.
5. Confirm your recovery information and click Next to recover.