With "Recover to dissimilar hardware" feature of EaseUS Todo Backup, you can redeploy system to new hardware in different cases such as moving Windows installation to a new machine with different hardware that original computer owns; Cloning system to another pc/server with dissimilar hardware; Restoring system to new hardware due to hardware failure or planned upgrade.
"Recover to dissimilar hardware" feature will modify an existing offline operating system to work with new hardware. It installs the boot device drivers into the system during restore process so that operating system can boot successfully. In the process of recover to dissimilar hardware, when some new hardware is detected, you will get a prompt to load the drivers manually. All the other drivers (e.g. video and sound card drivers) will be installed in Windows after the successful migration.
Note: Before restoring system backup image to different hardware or new PC, please ensure the following:
1. You have a backup image of Windows operating system.
2. You have bootable disk with EaseUS Todo Backup.
3. You have the boot device drivers for the new hardware. These drivers are critical for booting the operating system.
1. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup, click Recovery -> Recover to dissimilar hardware.
2. Select a system backup file.
3. Select recovery location.
4. Click Proceed.
1. If there are no drivers compatible with your hardware, you need to manually specify where to find the driver(s) for specific hardware.
2. If the boot and system partition are not the same partition, you have to back up these two partitions and restore them during the process of restore.
3. Note: EaseUS Todo Backup Free doesn't support this function. Please choose the right Edition for you.
Copyright © 2005-2013 CHENGDU Yiwo® Tech Development Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.