- Q: If you encounter the error message "The image file is incomplete or not found", please check the following details.
A: Whether the image path is still existing or not.
Do you have full permission to access this path?
If the problem persists after the 2 points above confirmed, we suggest you transfer the image file to a local hard disk, and then try to recover it.
- Q: Why does the system prompt more than one image file need to be deleted when I just delete one?
A: If you have some incremental image file based on the one which you want to delete, then all the incremental image files will be deleted too, so it is correct.
- Q: Why cannot I change the destination path of scheduled backup to my CD/DVD burner?
A: Sorry, our product cannot support invoking CD/DVD burner while you change the path of scheduled backup, if you initially set a CD/DVD burner for a scheduled backup, change it to other paths is not allowed either. We will improve it in next version.
- Q: Can I execute an incremental file backup without any full file backup created before?
A: Sorry, incremental file backup must be based on full file backup, you need a success full file backup before you do the incremental file backup.
- Q: Can I create an incremental file backup if nothing has changed?
A: Yes, this operation is allowed, but a full file backup is always in demand before an incremental backup.
- Q: Can I clone hidden partition or the partition without driver letter, or clone the hard disk with these two kinds of partitions?
A: Yes, our product can support cloning these two kinds of partitions.
- Q: Why does the NTFS partition displayed as RAW after clone, and I cannot access it?
A: We think your original NTFS partition is written protected, please cancel this attribute and then try again.
- Q: Why is there always a parent directory generated with same name as the image file after backup?
A: We believe image files will be easy to identify and manage in their individual folder when you have a significant amount of image files.
- Q: Can I modify image name or move the image path under Windows explorer or with other tools?
A: Please do not try to do the operations. In order to avoid any unexpected problem occurred, please try to make these changes in Backup management.
- Q: Why cannot I boot my computer anymore after I enable snapshot, and the computer freeze at "EaseUS Todo Backup Loader. Press ESC to launch EaseUS Todo Backup Loader"?
A: This problem is caused by hardware incompatibility, to resolve it, press ESC to login WinPE environment when the words prompt, switch to Snapshot window, and then click Disable button to cancel this step when loading Windows.
- Q: Why my RAID/SCSI hard disks cannot be recognized under WinPE or Pre-OS?
A: That is because our product doesn't come with all kind of hardware drivers, so you need to add the driver manually. You can add the driver through Windows shell command under Home window or Device management under Tools in the special environment.
- Q: Why does the product get stuck and the icon keeps spinning for a long time when I want to view my disk or expand a directory?
A: There may be some other device connected when you do the operations, our product will try to list all of them, so the running speed may be decreased. Please unplug these devices and reject your CD/DVD before you do the operation or wait longer.
- Q: Can I back up my operating system to a CD?
A: Yes, our product can support this operation for now, but for a smooth recovery process, you'd better choose a local or external hard disk as the target to save images.
- Q: Can I use the feature "Snapshot" in a dual-boot or multiple-boot environment?
A: Sorry, this feature is designed for single boot computers. It may fail to work in other complex operating system environment.
- Q: Why cannot I copy the required files out of the image when browsing it?
A: Since Windows has a limitation, that the entire file path and the file name cannot be composed by more than 255 bytes in total. So if you have a file with a very long file name, you may need to copy it to a shorter path.
- Q: Where are my files after a smooth recovery process? I mean there are no errors in the process.
A: You may try to display Windows hidden files and search again. Some files may just be hidden, since they originally have this attribute.
- Q: What can I do when I get the error "Cannot connect to remote computer"?
A:To solve the problem, please check if:
- Your network connection is working properly.
- EaseUS Todo Backup service is working properly. (Right click 'My Computer'/'Computer' and choose Manage ->Services and Applications -> Services. You can find the service 'EaseUs Agent' in the right window.)
- The IP address of the remote computer you input is correct.
- Windows firewall or your own firewall program blocked the connection of EaseUS Todo Backup.