File backup transfers the file/folder(s) which you select into the generated image file. Click Backup -> File backup in the Home window, File tab would be shown as the default. There are two ways to select file/folder(s) to backup. Switch between them by clicking on the tab "File".
1. Specify the task/plan name and Description. An accurate task name and an appropriate description can help you to distinguish desired task from others, making it much easier when you want to do recovery.
- Set advanced parameters for the current backup task/plan. See Backup options for detailed information.
- To specify to when run the backup in a schedule, click Turn on. See Schedule backup for detailed information.
- Calculate the space requirement for the files you selected.
2. Specify file/folder(s) for backup.
- Select file/folder(s) from the directory structure on the left. Clicking on a directory to expand it and search for individual files needing to be backed up, or checking the checkbox in front of a directory to select the whole directory including all sub-directorys. The larger window on the right lists all the sub-folders and files under the directory you have selected.
- Specify backup files by file type(s). Some frequently-used file types have been preset and divided into 6 categories. Click on the button to select the whole category, or click Edit to expand a category and select some certain file types.
If some other file type(s) not included in the default list needs to be backed up, use the first button "Add" to add new file type(s).
3. Specify the destination to save the image file. A Local disk, Network directory or Tape drive can be set as the backup destination (Tape support is not available in EaseUS Todo Backup Free Edition, Home Edition and EaseUS Todo Backup Workstation Edition). Click the Down Arrow to get the destination history.
- Specify Existing images cleanup rules to manage image files automatically. Click the button "Image-reserve strategy" to Enable/Disable this function.
- Preserve file security settings in backup - checking this option will keep the security attributes of NTFS encrypted files. Otherwise, the security attribute will be lost after the process.
4. Click Proceed to finish the setting. The backup will be executed immediately if the schedule is not configured.
Step by step tutorial: File backup and recovery