This is a reverse process of Exchange backup. You can restore Exchange storage groups with this feature.
- Click Recovery -> Exchange recovery in the Home window to start the wizard.
- Select a backup task to recover (you can confirm which task you need by its Description). If the task you want to recover is not in the list, locate it manually by clicking Browse.
- All the backup images are listed in the timeline. Backup type and Created time is helpful for determining the proper image.
- Specify which storage group to recover. It is unnecessary to choose the entire content if you just want to recover part of it, such as only choosing one storage group in an image file which includes multiple storage groups.
- Confirm every detail about the current recovery, click Proceed to implement it, click Cancel to exit the recovery or click Back to change the parameters if needed.
Our product will automatically recover the storage group to its original location, so you don't need to specify the destination.
- Existing mail would not be overwritten when recover mailbox.
- To recover Exchange Server database to a new machine, you must confirm the name of Exchange Server is the same as original when you backup
Step by step tutorial: Exchange backup and recovery