To prevent your data from losing due to unexpected reasons, you can backup them regularly to protect your files. EaseUS Todo Backup is a backup utility to backup files and folders. Backup files to secure your precious photos, office documents and videos, choose incremental backup, differential backup, schedule backup to backup fast, continuously and automatically.
1. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup, click Backup -> File backup.
2. Click File, enter Plan name and Description for your file backup.
3. Select files to backup via User defined or File type.
Case 1: The default, you select files via User defined. You can choose a single file or folder, or many files or folders for backup objective, also select the data on the network to backup network data.
If you are running Windows 7, you can select library to backup.
Case 2: If you select files via File type, You can choose backup based on file types - Documents Files, E-mail, Financial Files, Music Files, Picture Files, and Video Files, etc. Each type supports multi file formats. Tick the types you want to backup.
You can click Add to add new file type, in Add New Type window, you input Type Name and corresponding file type.
4. Click folder icon behind Destination to select backup storage location.
5. Set backup schedule for your backups. Click Turn on and pop up the Schedule window. Set schedule to backup files later, daily, weekly, monthly or upon event. Click OK to apply the schedule, click Do not schedule to cancel plans.
Note: enter account and password with Administrator privilege to make the schedule take effect.
6. Click Backup options and pop up the following window, set backup compression, password, splitting etc. Click OK to apply the settings, click Reset to initial settings to disable the settings.
7. Click Image-reserve strategy, tick I will preserve image files,and set day(s), week(s), month(s), year(s) to preserve images or the number of last backup files you want to preserve.
What's more, you can choose to preserve the first image.
8. Click Proceed to perform file backup.
If you set a password for the image file, you need to confirm this password when you check or restore the image.