Disk clone: upgrade disk, transfer data, or migrate SSD
Do you have encountered the situations below?
- Need to upgrade the older smaller hard disk to a newer larger one, but reinstalling the operating system and applications always cause lots of troubles.
- Plan to transfer all data from one disk to another, but copy the folder one by one must waste too much time.
- Have to make a copy of source disk as backup via sector level or file level, but didn't find the reliable tool.
- To ensure data security, make a copy of damaged hard disk via sector level and recover lost data from the copied disk.
- Want to clone hard disk without interrupting your business work, especially minimize server downtime when transfering server from one hard disk to another bigger hard disk.
How to do disk clone for disk upgrade or SSD migration?
Download the right edition of EaseUS Todo Backup:
Note: The capacity of destination disk should be equal or larger than the used space of original disk.
Check the introduction step by step >>
Watch the video to learn the steps >>
Detail steps disk clone and data migration
1. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup and click Clone -> Disk clone.
2. Select source disk you want to clone.
3. Select the destination disk. Sector by sector clone option enables you to clone all sectors from source disk to destination disk.
4. Preview the disk layout after cloning.
5. Click Proceed to execute cloning.
Video: the best disk cloning software for Windows to upgrade disk and transfer data
New! Support GPT clone
1. If the source disk contains the system partition, please shut down the computer after the clone.
2. To remove either the source disk or destination disk from the computer to make the computer boot normally if the source disk contains boot partition.
3. If you want to boot from the destination disk, we recommend you to replace the source disk with the destination disk.
4. If the computer fails to boot from the destination disk after the clone, we suggest you clone the source disk to another disk with the same HDD interface.
5. If you choose to clone a hidden partition, the cloned one will be unhidden.