Disk clone, also called "Disk to Disk (Disk2Disk)". It is a similar function-Disk Imaging, which can store all the data on a disk to a image file. It has many applications.
If you encountered one of the situations mentioned above and have no idea about how to perform disk to disk clone, please don't worry! Here we will shows you how to clone hard disk with reliable disk clone software step by step.
For a safe and easy disk clone, EaseUS Todo Backup is recommended. It allows you to clone one disk to another without breaking off the running operating system. That is to say, it can clone HDD while working without interrupting the running programs. Here are the detailed steps of disk clone as follows.
Note: when cloning, you can clone a small disk to a large one, vice versa. But you should make sure that the capacity of destination disk should be equal or larger than the used space of source disk, so that the data on the source disk can be all cloned.
1. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup and select Clone.
2. Select the source and destination disk.
3. Sector by sector clone option enables you to clone all sectors from source disk to destination disk. Preview the disk layout to confirm the settings of the source and destination disk.
4. Click NEXT to execute disk clone.
1. If the source disk contains the system partition, please shut down the computer after the clone.
2. To remove either the source disk or destination disk from the computer to make the computer boot normally if the source disk contains boot partition.
3. If you want to boot from the destination disk, we recommend you to replace the source disk with the destination disk.
4. If the computer fails to boot from the destination disk after the clone, we suggest you clone the source disk to another disk with the same HDD interface.
5. If you choose to clone a hidden partition, the cloned one will be unhidden.