In information technology, backup refers to making copies of data so that these additional copies may be used to restore the original after a data loss event. These additional copies are typically called "backups". Backups are useful primarily for two purposes. The first is to restore a state after a disaster (called disaster recovery). The second is to restore a few files after they have been accidentally deleted or corrupted. Data loss is also very common. 66% of internet users have suffered from serious data loss.
Different people have different backup requirements, for example, some people want to copy files from one hard disk to other one, while other people want to make a disk image. Choosing an appropriate backup solution will help you backup faster and more easily.
1. Sector-by-sector copy. After copy, the destination disk is absolutely the same as the source one. The representative product is Disk Copy. EaseUS Disk Copy is a potent software providing sector-by-sector disk/partition clone regardless of your operating system, file systems and partition scheme by creating a bootable CD. Disk Copy can be used for copy, cloning, or upgrading your original small hard drive to a newer larger drive. Simply speaking, it can copy anything from the old hard drive including the deleted, lost files and inaccessible data. So, the freeware is a perfect tool for Data Recovery Wizard to recover files from a backup disk.
2. File-by-file copy. The advantage of File-by-file copy is that the copy speed is much faster. The representative product is EaseUS Partition Master. EaseUS Partition Master is released with copy features - partition copy, disk copy. Disk copy is especially useful if you want to replace the older smaller hard disk by a newer larger hard disk without having to install the operating system and applications once again.
3. Drive imaging. By this method, you can make a disk image of the disk or partition. The representative product is EaseUS drive imaging Software - EaseUS Todo Backup, which enables your backup system partition or the entire hard drive to image to quickly get the system up and running in the event of a system crash or hardware failure and allows you to restore after viruses attack, unstable software download, and hard drive failure.
EaseUS Todo Backup provides overall disk imaging backup features.
1. Disk imaging speed is much faster than sector-by-sector or file-by-file copy.
2. Disk imaging doesn't need another hard drive and you can save the disk image to CD/DVD, removable devices, or another partition.
3. Disk Tools module provides diverse data security characters, Disk clone, Partition clone, Wipe data, Iscsi Initiator.
4. Snapshot module is easy for you to manage system.
5. Imaging backup files can be edited, such as explore, delete, upgrade, restore, modify, convert.
6. Operation log is available for emptying, outputing, and checking.
7. You can compress or split the disk image and the image archive is easy to store or transfer.
8. You can password protect the disk image and avoid illegal use, it's safer.
EaseUS Todo Backup is professional backup software for home and business users, which supports most of the backup software features - backup network shared files, differential backup, incremental backup, and so no.
More detailed steps, you may refer to How to backup partition and drive?
EaseUS provides a complete solution for backing up, especially th drive imaging software. With the help of the backup products, you can backup you hard drive, operating system and file optionally and easily. Why not free download a piece to have a try?